If Hard Drives/Data Devices Remain Inside of a Computer
IUPUI requires departments to send all computers and related equipment to the Surplus warehouse. If your department is sending computers to Surplus, please follow the procedure outlined below.
- Download and complete a Hard Drive Wipe Form (HDWF) per unit.
- Attach HDWF to each unit or email email@example.com listing each computer (by serial number) and verifying proper wiping procedures were implemented per university protocols.
- For Pick-Up/Drop-Off requests:
- Visit the online Surplus Pick-up/Drop-off Form to submit a pick-up or drop-off request. Note: IUPUI requires the department LSP to complete the Hard Drive Wipe Form and attach to each computer sent over to Surplus if hard disks/data devices remain in computers.
- For more information regarding Policies and How to Securely Remove Data, please refer to: Secure Delete