Procedures & Responsibilities
- Send ALL data devices that need destroyed/shredded to Surplus
- Backup any relevant data prior to transferring to Surplus; Surplus will not return any hard drives/data devices once they are picked-up or dropped-off.
- Download, complete, and email or fax the IU Hard Drive Shredding form to Surplus.
NOTE: Please provide your Account number to be charged for services rendered.
Surplus employees and a departmental delegate (individual who transfers drives to Surplus) conducts a physical count of the hard drives at the drop-off/pick-up location, then will sign the HD Shredding form agreeing to the count. Additionally, the department will receive a total dollar amount that Surplus will bill for services rendered (based on Pricing information listed below).
- Provides a scheduled drop-off location for departments to bring hard drives - located at the Surplus Warehouse (address located to left of window under Contact Information).
- Will pick up hard drives at the IUPUI campus as requested by department.
- Provide a secure environment to house the drives until shredding vendor picks them up.
- Verify a physical count of drives received with a delegate from the department present to confirm agreement.
- Surplus bills departments the total amount that is designated on the surplus form at time of drop-off/pick-up.
- Surplus is the main contact and liaison between IUPUI and Vendor Asset Recovery Services for this project.
$2.00per device for drop-offs
$2.50per device for pick-up